Now wouldn't we all want a pretty one? And wouldn't it be nice if linens were indeed the only items in the linen closet? Wouldn't you love that much space? Too bad though. So, I'll tell you how I've organized mine:Top shelf are my sheets. Each bin holds a different size; king, queen, a small bin for pillowcases, and where are my twin sheets you ask? Currently we don't have any twin beds in our house, so I have some of those space saver vacuum bags that I've used for the twin sheets which are now stored underneath my bed (amongst other things....what I wouldn't give for more storage space!). Second and third shelves are my towels. Fourth and fifth shelves, as well as the floor, are bins for different necessities. One is for cleaning supplies (not my main place, but just something to clean up quick messes upstairs), one for "Skin Care," "Hair Care," "Dental Care," bar soaps, hand soaps, travel size items, paper products (feminine products, bathroom cups, etc.), hair cutting tools, fabric/sewing items. Also, if you can see, I have a baby wipes dispenser sitting on top of my aqua-colored sewing box that holds plastic bags for replacing the upstairs bathroom trash and for stinky diapers. Here's another close-up look: And if you look closely, you'll see that I've used my handy-dandy label maker that I LOVE to label each of my bins.
Upon doing a little research on linen closets, I did find some good suggestions out there that I have not implemented, but are awesome none the less. Here they are:
1) Store bed sheet sets in pillow cases for easy access
2) Don't take up space in the linen closet for the bed sheets--store them in the room that they would be used in OR store them (get this) IN BETWEEN your mattress and box springs. So you change the sheets, and voila! A clean set is sitting there ready to be used!
3) If it works for you, rolls towels instead of folding them
4) Use an over-the-door hanging shoe organizer (if you have the right kind of door...unlike me!) to store things like extra shampoo or soap
5) And lastly, get rid of linens you don't need or use! You don't need 4 sheet sets per bed! Downsize for extra space!
So there you have it. Does anyone have any new ideas or suggestions for me? I'd love it if you'd share!